We let the snowmobile take us to the glacier heights of the west coast. Here we set up camp and spend a week in the snow with ski tours, snow kiting, avalanche training and igloo building. Alternatively you can read a book to relax in the incomparable peace and solitude of Spitsbergen's nature. The possibilities are manifold.
- Overnight stay in a guesthouse
[Accordion] Day at your disposal
- Activities like dog sled tour or snowmobile tour can be booked for this day.
- Overnight stay in a guesthouse
[Accordion] - Transfer to the airport and flight home.
If you have questions you could use Contact with us.
The program may change due to local weather conditions. The camp is accompanied and led by experienced Arctic Guides, Snowkiters and Tourers. We also have a professional cook!
- all transports on Spitsbergen (airport transfers and transport by snowmobile to and from the glacier camp)
- 5 nights in a tent.
- Tents (two or three).
- one mat per person (a second private one is recommended).
- all meals at camp.
- all drinks in camp.
- 3 nights in a guesthouse in Longyearbyen (4-bed room).
- Guides with safety equipment.
- companion with experience as kite instructor and tour guide.
- Flight to/from Longyearbyen
- Ski equipment (can be rented in Longyearbyen)
- LVS device, shovel and probe (can be rented in Longyearbyen)
- Kite equipment (can be rented in Longyearbyen)
- All types of insurance (travel, illness, accident, life, repatriation)
(we recommend the expedition insurance of the DAV)
- Meals and Drinks in Longyearbyen
- Additional overnight stays in Longyearbyen due to flights booked differently than scheduled (we are happy to help with booking additional accommodation).
- all personal issues of any kind
We assume no responsibility for changes in performance due to events beyond our control (flight cancellations, strikes, natural disasters, or weather) and changes in the program that occur during such events.
- Travel insurance,
You don't need any special knowledge but a good fitness to participate in this tour.
We are happy to advise you personally in order to clarify all concerns and questions.
Tel: 0047 9011 37 54
Phone: 0047 94826640
Group size: 5-14 Persons
If a minimum of 5 participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 4 weeks before the planned start of the tour.
- The program is always weather dependent and the execution of individual planned activities can be cancelled due to security concerns.
- You need a valid passport, a travel health insurance and an expedition insurance that covers kitesurfing to participate in this tour. (We are happy to help you with the organization of various insurances)
- To drive a snowmobile you need a valid driver's license (at least Cat. B) and this must always be carried with you.
Deposit at booking 30% of the tour price
Final payment 60 days before departure
Up to 60 days before departure 20% of the tour price
59 - 30 days before departure 50% of the tour price
29 - 0 days before departure 100% of the tour price
2019 Camp - Guides on Spitsbergen:
Christian Bruttel (expedition leader)
Roger Meier (cook)
Mario Singer & Mirijam Klein (Kite-Teacher)
Astrid & Andi Schmiedinger-Singer (Ski-Touren-Guides)
Tour conducted by